As the hero of your own story, your life is just one big, crazy adventure: go to work, eat lunch, enjoy long afternoon meeting with some IT guy … why, the drama never ends. What to do when you need to unwind? Slow down and enjoy a cool picnic!
In honor of warmer weather (and because we raffled away a really nifty wagon, pictured below), we recently asked followers of our Facebook page to share their favorite picnic spots.
Hannah Brilling, Co-op nutritionist and professional stunt wagon driver, demonstrates a daring hands-free technique. Please do not attempt at home.
Our thanks to everyone for the excellent suggestions. We happily present them here, virtually unedited. (Well, except for the one that called a dam a damn. We just couldn’t put the word damn in a blog post.) Enjoy and see you out on the meadows and riverbanks.
Some Awesome, Fabulous Picnic Spots
- The big rock island on the far side of Grafton Pond, accessible by canoe or kayak only.
- Cole pond in Enfield or my back yard with all my pets!!
- In Montpelier at Hubbard Park there are awesome shelter picnic areas. This is my favorite picnic area. And its a beautiful place with fun trails to do a little woodland walking and enjoying nature. And if you are lucky you will find the stone lookout tower 🙂
- Silver lake in Barnard vt
- LaSalette Shrine in Enfield NH
- Nathan’s Garden
- My kiddos are older now and don’t join me for picnics, but I still like to hike to the top of Balch Hill in Hanover. I miss the picnics at the top and I surely miss the energy of the kids 🙂
- Boston Lot Lake in Lebanon. Love that you can get to it from lots of different starting points, depending on how far you want to hike in. Great for a swim when there in the summer.
- Our favorite place to have a picnic is at our town beach on Lake Sunapee.
- Anywhere is perfect as long as my sweetheart, children and grandchild are sitting on the blanket with me.
- St. Gauden’s under the birch trees at a Sunday concert.
- Anywhere with a great view.
- My own backyard is my favorite spot. I am lucky to a view of Mascoma Lake and all the comforts of a staycation.
- Our favorite picnic every year is at the Post Mills Balloon Festival!
- Under tall maple trees in the front yard in afternoon shade. 🌳
- My favorite picnic spot is our yard. Our house is on 12 acres of woods, on a mountain. Nature is just outside our door.
- My favorite place is on a beach next to the ocean. I can hardly wait!
- The Wilder Dam picnic area. We used to have family reunions there as a kid. Great memories.
- Union Village Dam in Thetford VT, our two baby boys love all it has to offer to them 💕 many generations of memories here
- Grafton Pond in NH is a beautiful place for a picnic – either on the shore or one of the islands
- For a local location – Dolly Copp, for something a little further – the Portland Head Light.
- Any where near a brook! Love the sound of nature!
- At the beach on Cape Cod and the Hartland Dam.
- Mascoma Lake after biking out on the rail trail.
- Charlotte’s town beach on Lake Champlain.
- My backyard…green grass with an amazing view!
- Picnicking on Balch Hill is always the BEST!
- Lake Pinneo is a nice place to picnic.
- Cole Pond in Enfield – picnic and a nice refreshing swim!
- Anywhere with nice grass and a good view!
- Lake pinneo
- Saint Gaudens!
- Corbin Covered Bridge, Newport
- Post Pond, Lyme
- Our yard!
- Gotta be Grafton Pond!
- Cannan street lake
- Sandbar at Crystal Lake in Enfield
- Mascoma lake
- I love the rail trail in Lebanon.
- All of the state parks have amazing places to picnic.
- Oliver Island on Crystal Lake, Enfield, NH
- On a rock in the middle of any river 🙂
- Top of Mount Peg, Woodstock, VT
- My kids swing set platform
- At the beach by my summer house
- Sand Bar State park in Vermont.
- At an outdoor music festival
- Frenches ledges meridian nh
- Indian pond Orford N.H.
- On top of a mountain
- Groton State Park
- North Hartland dam
- Silver Lake in Barnard.
- Faulkner Park in Woodstock, Vermont.
- In my yard in Orford
Nourish. Cultivate. Cooperate.
The following two tabs change content below.
Ken Davis is the Co-op's senior copywriter. Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Ken Davis (see all)
- Our Best Puns for Dairy Month? You Feta Believe It! - May 31, 2023
- Not Your Grandparents’ Co-op, Or Are We? - May 25, 2023
- Here’s How Memorial Day Became a Food Holiday - May 23, 2023