During the months of November and December, you may see something a little different in our stores. We’ve partnered with some of our vendors to help make a difference in our communities.
Twenty years ago, the Co-op Board of Directors established the Hanover Cooperative Community Fund (HCCF), a sustainable endowment fund for community donations. The endowment gives grants each year to local nonprofits, but also supports the Twin Pines Cooperative Fund (TPCF) investments into cooperative development programs across the country.
“Almost every new food co-op and existing food co-op expansion is funded with dollars from the cooperative development groups that TPCF/Cooperative Community Funds invests in.”
(Cooperative Grocer Network, 2014).
Locally, the 2019 HCCF funded these projects:
- West Central Behavioral Health’s inShape Program ($2,500), providing mentored food and exercise services to the mentally ill, improving their quality of life and long-term health.
- Vital Communities Building a Climate Resilient Farmer Coalition ($2,500), convening regular climate-focused farmer meetings/workshops to bring climate adaptation resources and experts to the region.
- Grafton County Senior Citizens Council ($2,500), supporting the growing need of the Meals on Wheels program in the Upper Valley.
- Friends of Mascoma ($2,500), in support of the Canaan Community Garden, supplying food to residents in need and educating residents on how to be more food secure through community, school, and home gardens.
- Good Neighbor Health Clinic ($1,400), in support of the Veggie Voucher program, encouraging patients with chronic illness to improve their diet.
So, look for the product signs in all of our locations. You’ll find them with products like Cabot Creamery Cheese Bars, Lake Champlain Chocolates, Equal Exchange Organic Coffee, Back Roads Granola, Vermont Coffee Company Whole Bean Coffee, Red Kite Candy Caramels, and a great variety of wines.
Every time you purchase one of these items, we’ll make a donation to the HCCF. It’s that easy!
For more information about the HCCF, please visit: https://coopfoodstore.coop/HCCF
Latest posts by Ken Davis (see all)
- Your Purchase Helps Local Nonprofits and Cooperatives around the Country - November 13, 2020
- New GMO labeling regulations are coming. Here is what you need to know. - October 19, 2020
- Co-ops Had an Old Wave, then a New Wave. Now I Get Why it All Matters. - October 6, 2020