Tell us, do you secretly geek out on soap? We do, too. And why not? Those scintillating textures. Those garish colors. Those scents!
For holiday family gatherings, close-quarter hygiene is essential. This year, try Pacha Soap! Each bar supports a great cause and is handmade from planet-friendly ingredients. (No garish colors here, either.) And the scents are like nothing you’ll find anywhere. Why live a normal life when you can walk around smelling like Almond Goat’s Milk, Cinnamon Cedarwood, Clarifying Charcoal, or Pipe Tobacco & Coffee?
- Company founded by a Peace Corps volunteer
- Wicked-clever slogan: Dirty Hippies with a Clean Purpose
- Pronounced PAH-chuh, meaning “earth” in Quechua, the native language of the people from the Central Andes
- Soaps dry hard, so they last a long time
- All soaps poured, mixed, cut, stacked, and shipped by hand
- Why, yes, these soaps do make great gifts!
- Sales help fuel clean-water initiatives, small-scale soap shops, and other sustainable ventures in developing countries
Our pals at Pacha have a three-part mission: to create a sustainable and profitable product, to support W.A.S.H (water, sanitation, and hygiene) through education and donation, and to create sustainable solutions to end the poverty cycle through entrepreneurship.
Pacha donates one bar of soap to someone in need for every bar purchased. The company goal is to reduce disease caused by lack of access to soap and clean water. Pacha also works to bring people out of poverty by creating small businesses in developing countries.
Alison Hopkins, Hanover Co-op health and beauty guru, recommends Pacha’s Dirty Hippie scent, a Co-op bestseller that features a light touch of earthy patchouli and spicy nutmeg. Alison also loves the nostalgia of the Pipe Tobacco & Coffee, and recommends the Clarifying Charcoal for that special Scrooge in your life who could use a little touch of coal in his stocking. “I also love Almond Goat’s Milk,” Alison says. “It smells so good people wish they could eat it.”
Learn more at http://www.pachasoap.com.
Latest posts by Ken Davis (see all)
- Thanks to Our Awesome Mask Makers! - April 27, 2020
- Looking for Safe Ways to Celebrate Passover and Easter? Try This. - April 7, 2020
- We’ve Improved Our Member Discount Program. Here’s How. - March 31, 2020