October is Co-op Month and Fair Trade Month. How do we recommend you celebrate? With food, of course! Here’s a great recipe from our friends at Equal Exchange and King Arthur Flour that’s ideal for the season and chock full of cooperatively made and fairly traded ingredients. Enjoy!
- 8 Tbsp soft Cabot butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp Field Day honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup puréed pumpkin
- 1 cup mashed Equal Exchange organic banana, the riper the better
- 2 Tbsp Florida’s Natural orange juice or water
- 1 tsp Frontier vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups King Arthur white whole wheat flour or premium whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground Frontier cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ loaf pan.
In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, honey, eggs, pumpkin, banana, orange juice or water. and vanilla.
Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, stirring to combine.
Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Allow the batter to rest for 15 minutes, uncovered.
Bake the bread for 55 to 70 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Remove the bread from the oven, and cool it on a rack. When it’s completely cool, wrap it well in plastic wrap, and store it overnight before serving.
Adapted from our friends at Equal Exchange.
Latest posts by Ken Davis (see all)
- Thanks to Our Awesome Mask Makers! - April 27, 2020
- Looking for Safe Ways to Celebrate Passover and Easter? Try This. - April 7, 2020
- We’ve Improved Our Member Discount Program. Here’s How. - March 31, 2020