To Our Community,
Yesterday I wrote to inform you (Click here to view article) that we learned that an employee in our Co-op Market, located at 43 Lyme Road in Hanover, tested positive for COVID-19. I also mentioned that the Co-op Market would be closed on March 18th and 19th, out of an abundance of caution, for deep cleaning following our COVID-19 Protocols.
I am happy to write you today with good news. Our HR and Operations teams have worked tirelessly to ascertain the facts, review the details and develop a coordinated plan of action for reopening the Co-op Market. Those plans are as follows:
- Co-op Market will reopen on Monday, March 22nd.
- Hours of operation from March 22nd through March 26 will be 7 a.m.-6 p.m. This will allow members of the team who will be out for the full 10 days of quarantine to do so and still operate the store accordingly.
- Co-op Market’s hours for the weekend of March 27th and 28th will remain unchanged — 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Co-op Market will resume its regular 6 a.m-8 p.m. hours, Monday through Friday, effective March 29th.
This set of circumstances demonstrated the strength of a culture that embraces teamwork. I would like to thank Lori and Bruce, from the leadership team, for coordinating this effort. I would also like to thank Caitlin and Justin from the Co-op Market, and their team, for their professionalism in handling this unfortunate situation.
Our Merchandising team was instrumental in contacting vendors to manage redistributing product headed to the Co-op Market. Our Retail IT team was quick to turn off Web Cart at the Co-op Market so members couldn’t order product which they could not pick up.
Finally, a special thanks to our Member Services and Outreach Department and those of our member services specialists in the stores who handled and directed many members’ phone calls and emails, while simultaneously preparing communication pieces and store signage.
A genuine, cross-functional team effort. Well done all!
Onward and upward,
Latest posts by Paul Guidone (see all)
- State of the Co-op, August 2021 - September 23, 2021
- Implementing the Newest Federal COVID Guidelines - September 13, 2021
- Hanover Co-op Board Plans Net-Zero Emissions by 2030 - September 9, 2021