Bring us your tired, old docs just yearning to be obliterated.
September is Hunger Action Month. What does that have to do with your old receipts and woefully out-of-date financial papers? Not much, except we know a way you can shred your old papers and help out a great cause, too. Win-win!
Co-op Paper Shredding Event
Saturday, September 24
9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Hanover Co-op Food Store ONLY
45 S. Park Street
Hanover, NH 03755
Map & Directions
Let us get rid of your old papers with the help of the good folks at SecurShred. You don’t even need to remove the staples and paperclips. Just bring any size box of paper and three nonperishable food items to donate to the Upper Valley Haven for Hunger Action Month.
Based in Burlington, SecurShred is certified by the National Association of Information Destruction (NAID). All shredded paper is recycled. SecurShred recycles millions of pounds of shredded paper every year.
Did you know?
- For every 150 pounds of paper recycled, one tree is saved.
- Making paper from recycled paper uses 30 to 55 percent less energy than making paper from trees.
- There is 95 percent less air pollution created when creating paper from recycled paper versus cutting down trees to make paper.
The Haven and Hunger Action Month
The shred event is a great way to help out our friends at the Upper Valley Haven, a long-time Co-op Community Partner. September is Hunger Action Month, and the Haven “goes orange” every September to draw attention to the need.
Hunger Action Month is when food banks nationwide unite to urge people to take action in their communities. Your donation will make a big difference! Everything helps. Top-needed items include tuna, peanut butter, and pasta and pasta sauce.
To learn more, visit the Go Orange campaign at the Haven website. Got a question or comment about our shred event? We’d love to hear from you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you September 24 at the Hanover store!
Latest posts by Ken Davis (see all)
- Change Your Life With These High-Quality Holiday Entertainment Experiences - November 25, 2018
- Lotus Foods Recall - November 10, 2018
- The Scary Truth About Chocolate - October 12, 2018