To Our Community,
Today we learned an employee in our Hanover store tested positive for COVID-19. Unlike the recent case of an employee who tested positive and worked in a high-traffic area of another location, thankfully this employee worked in a small, isolated department and had very little contact with other people. Interactions with shoppers and coworkers were brief—fewer than 15 minutes in duration. This employee last worked in the store on Friday, August 20.
We consulted the New Hampshire Department of Health and they have categorized this as a low-risk situation, with little or no exposure. Given this fact, there is no need to close the store.
This is good news of course. That said, as with previous occurrences, we will always operate with an abundance of caution. Therefore, we are taking the following additional steps:
- The employee’s immediate work area has been deep cleaned. As always, the entire store is deep cleaned every night.
- The few employees who interacted with the individual have been notified. These employees will be obtaining COVID tests and will remain out of work with pay until they receive a negative COVID test, at which point they may return to work.
- Daily health screenings are being re-implemented in all locations, effective immediately. Our HR team has supplies on hand and will provide our locations with all the supplies they need. Location managers are required to review the screenings daily to ensure that anyone with a fever or symptoms of COVID is not entering the workplace or performing work.
After 15 months of relatively smooth sailing throughout the pandemic, we have now had two positive COVID cases in two different locations in less than two weeks.
Understand in no uncertain terms, we will continue to be aggressive in our policies in order to keep everyone safe. As I wrote to Co-op employees this evening, no options are off the table.
To learn more about all the steps we are taking in response to COVID-19, please see our website.
Thanks everyone. Reach out if you have any questions. In the meantime remember, as always, calm and focus wins the day.
Onward and upward,
Latest posts by Paul Guidone (see all)
- State of the Co-op, August 2021 - September 23, 2021
- Implementing the Newest Federal COVID Guidelines - September 13, 2021
- Hanover Co-op Board Plans Net-Zero Emissions by 2030 - September 9, 2021